It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net!
Due to the proliferation of cell phones, the frequency of disciplinary infractions
related to both the inadvertent and the intentional violations of the Code of Conduct
rules, and with the increasing sophistication of these devices leading to the increasingly
serious nature of some offenses [such as cheating, violations of privacy with
unauthorized photographs, and similar issues], the Disciplinary Committee of the Board
and the majority of middle and secondary level principals recommended much greater
restrictions on the possession of phones at school and more serious consequences for
the violations of these restrictions.
The changes may be summarized as follows:
• Students can have phones on them if they are off and not being attempted to use
• The punishments for violations have changed significantly as well. Please see the student agenda for changes.
• Disciplinary consequences are: (as outlined by the Board):
- first offense; Warning, loss of privilege for 10 days
- second offense; Warning (2), loss of privilege for 20 days
- third offense; 1 day of ISS, loss privilege for the year
- fourth offense: further suspensions as needed per administration